I am one of the millions of family caregivers recognizing the significance in the role we are given and helping to shape our identity.
While being a practicing yogi and professional Yoga Therapist developing my work with Yokibics, I pursued training in Leadership Development and Caregiving Consulting in order to better serve the needs of family care. As a result I brought the personal into the professional in three different fields and recognized the crucial need to bind them together on behalf of the family caregiver. Once simplified, there are tried and true yoga practices just begging to be practically applied to the caregiving experience under all the specific stresses the caregiver faces, just as I did for myself.
There are eight limbs that express a lifestyle yoga practice. The Yokibics SimpleCare System offers fundamental selfcare to all individuals while honoring the caregiving role that is in place.
Coaching for Personal Care
SimpleCare tools can be learned.
- Consult with me in a 30 minute discovery session.
- We’ll meet via Zoom to uncover what you actually need that underpins the circumstance you are in.
- We’ll discern personal strategies that you can practically apply.
- Confirm next step: Schedule a session
Ongoing support sessions available x1 per 30 minutes or x6 package.
Coaching through Pilgrims Path
Pilgrims Path has been created especially for you – the mindful, creative human who wants good, clear reminders and best practices from wisdom keepers made easily accessible and delivered to you straight away.
52 mini meditation guided audios delivered straight to your Monday morning inbox. Personal reflections and written practical applications come with each individual audio installment. Delivered weekly, you can file them together and build your library, or flag the ones you like best. Easy to save, download, and find again. Even easier to digest.
Each skill takes 3-minutes or less. They can include:
- How to breathe through a diagnosis.
- How to use your breath to slow down time.
- How to energize.
- How to add bites of emotional well-being into your daily caregiving strategy.
- How to use a focus technique when overwhelmed.
- How to initiate mental habit practices to take you thru your caregiving day.
- How to do physical postures everyday to maintain strength.
- How to do stretches everyday to maintain flexibility.
- How to meditate even in the midst of the fray.
- The power of NO
- The liberation of YES
- How to position the caregiver in the hub of the care wheel.
- How to transform fear to faith
- How to transform grief to ease
- How to transform anger into specific personal boundaries
- How to transform apathy into action.
- Learn how the compassion fatigue that is a normal result of caregiving can be derailed at the start.
- How caregiving is a spiritual practice
- How to remain whole, body mind and spirit, while giving your support to another.
- How we evolve from personal care to societal care
Learn more about how I work with family caregivers by watching this interview with Denise Brown, founder of Caregiving.com.
I am a Certified Caregiving Consultant™ through Caregiving.com
Watch videos and get resources for selfCare at SelfCare Oasis.